Current Job Openings:
Position Title: Deputy TreasurerDescription: Full-Time 12 month position. Assist the District Treasurer in administering and maintaining the District's finances. Work is normally carried out with independence, subject only to general instruction and standard operating procedures and general accounting principals. The Deputy Treasurer will be delegated and assist in any of the responsibilities of the Office of the Treasurer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining all bills and invoices to be paid and submitting them bi-weekly for warrants; for approval for payment and maintaining necessary files on bills, invoices, statements and correspondence.
- Posting receipts and expenditures to all accounts in the computer.
- Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Reconciling and balancing bank statements.
- Provide requested records, work with auditors, and develop mitigating audit controls.
- Prepare payroll checks, post payroll and withholding figures to the appropriate accounts in the absence of the District Treasurer.
- Maintain numerous fringe insurance policies/records and correspondence with insurance companies in regards to claims, premiums and enrollments.
- Assist employees with health insurance questions and claim problems.
- Process and maintain Affordable Care Act reports and records as required for ACA compliance.
- Maintain records covering all deductions.
- Process monthly substitute payroll and cross check with substitute reports from schools.
- Assisting in the preparation of W-2 and 1099 forms annually.
- Work with the Treasurer on District-wide inventory and other technology matters.
- Assist Treasurer in performing daily District business operations.
- Assume duties of Treasurer during any absences.
- Perform such other duties and assumes other responsibilities that the administration may assign.
Minimum Qualifications: Either:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Math or related field; OR
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Math or related field and three (3) years paid experience in professional accounting; OR
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Genesee County Civil Service Application to Mr. Ned Dale, Superintendent, Elba Central School, PO Box 370, Elba, NY 14058 by January 31, 2018.
- Any combination of training and experience, equivalent to A and B above, indicating the ability to perform the duties of the job.
Position Title: Substitute Bus Drivers
Description: $16.00/hour. Must have a CDL or Class B License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements. Please submit applications to Mr. Andy Reeb, Transportation Coordinator, Elba Central School, PO Box 370, Elba, NY 14058
Position Title: Substitute Teachers
Description: Needed for on-call basis. $80-$90/day. Please submit an Elba Central School application or apply through Erie 1 BOCES-WNYRIC system -https://www.e1b.org/WNYRIC/WNYRIC-Top-Nav/Services/Applicant-Tracking.
To apply for a non-teaching job at Elba Central School please print, complete and mail the applicable application to:
Elba Central School DistrictP. O. Box 370
57 South Main Street
Elba, New York 14058-0370