Gretchen RosalesSuperintendent of Schools
Elba Central School
57 S Main Street PO Box 370 Elba, New York 14058-0370
585-757-9967 Fax 585-757-2713
Partner students with the Elba learning community to create excellence.
Dear Lancer Family,
Now that December is upon us, we can look forward to the holidays and spending some much-needed time with family and friends. This is also a time to reflect on all that we are grateful for; it has been a year filled with challenges, but also accomplishments to be proud of and milestones achieved. As we move into 2022, I am counting that for which I am thankful at Elba Central:
- Our faculty and staff; we have the district full of professionals who are dedicated to making ECS the best district around. Caring hearts, inspired instruction, and efficient operations make our school district one that puts students’ needs first. This includes everyone in our instructional staff, support staff, cafeteria, transportation, maintenance, clerical, and administrative staff. Everyone at ECS cares about our students.
- A strong focus on academics. At ECS, we realize that education is the foundation by which we create responsible, respectful, and engaged citizens.
- A wide range of extracurricular activities to enhance all students’ experiences. From drama club to LEGO club, from band and chorus to Student Council, and a range of athletic experiences, we provide opportunities for our students to engage in their school community and develop new interests.
- The capacity for multifaceted growth. If you look at all that ECS has to offer, we provide a well-rounded education, comprehensive student support services, and a wide range of supplemental activities to develop the whole child. Our capacity is limitless, because we have faculty and staff who constantly look to improve our district. Instilling this value in the students is a goal that we continually strive for every day.
- A Board of Education that focuses on the needs of all students. The Board is focused on constantly improving the quality of education in the district while maintaining a fiscally responsible plan for the future.
- A caring, supportive community. #OneElba is not just a hashtag anymore. It is our mantra for remaining united as a school community. The outpouring of support, even when a difference of opinions exists, makes for an even stronger school. When challenges arise, our ability to remain cohesive and collaborative will be our biggest asset.
The next few months will be hard work as we continue to move forward with bridging the learning gap over the past year. Additionally, our focus as a district will be to meet the social-emotional needs of the students, which includes a comprehensive plan of mental health interventions and targeted behavioral supports. The home-school connection will continue to be our strongest means of improving educational results, so please make sure that you are connecting with teachers and staff if you have any questions or concerns. As always, it is my honor to serve as your superintendent. I am so proud of our district and I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the Lancers.
Happy holidays - may 2022 be filled with health, happiness, and wonderful blessings for the entire Lancer family.